Shoes, Shoes, and more Shoes… believe me I have way too many for my own good. But what I dont have is a custom designed pair of shoes. However, with the recent launch of SharpieUncapped.com there have been floods of artists sharing their sharpie shoe art and today I will be sharing with you some of the great talent that has been sent in. If you are interested in making a pair of customized shoes it’s super easy… all you need is a pair of shoes and Sharpies! Then the rest is up to you!
Customizing your shoes is an easy, cost efficient way of standing out in a crowd. Make sure to customize your kicks before going back to school, so you can have the coolest shoes in school! Make sure you Tweet Me with any other custom shoe pictures you have! I love to see any and everything made with Sharpie :)
Here’s the step by step process for customizing your own pair of shoes:
- Buy some plain skate shoes, sandshoes, sneakers, or chucks in white (or even high heels). Darker colors will not show up the colors that you put on as well and won’t have a good effect (unless you just use Sharpie Metallic markers).
- Get a variety of Sharpie markers (Metallic, Fine tip, Paint, Regular).
- Draw and write on them be creative use images, your name, favorite quotes, or your favorite pattern!
- Be as creative as you like, they’re going to be your unique shoes. Consider adding additional embellishments such as gluing on small bows, adding pom-poms, changing the colors and patterns of the laces, sticking on googly eyes etc.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Your name/nickname
- Initials (graffiti letters look cool)
- Cool Patterns
- Lightning Bolts
- Smiley Faces
- Random Words
- Favorite Quotes or Phrases
- ANYTHING YOU WANT!
Be Creative… Uncap What’s Inside!